Sunday, September 23, 2012

Night Terrors and Asylum Touring

Alas, unlike the suggestion of the title, I'm not doing any physical touring of any asylums at this time.  While I do adore it, it's past 10pm and I have to be up early for classes... So, no... I'm just going to sit here, with my tea and my insane asylum documentaries, until it's time for bed in just a bit.  I'm an old lady, and I'm proud of that fact lol!

Our psychology class is going to be discussing sleeping disorders for the next week or so.  I'm finding learning about sleep apnea and narcolepsy and the such interesting, but what I really want to know, is all about Night Terror Disorder.  According to the textbook, Night Terror Disorder manifests itself mostly in male adolescents.  This being said, I apparently, am indeed an adolescent male.  

I've had night terrors and nightmares for as long as I can remember.  I remember thinking there were evil creatures in the back staircase of the farmhouse my family owned.  I remember waking up screaming about unseen monsters and creatures.  Not much has changed.  I still wake up screaming, still crying and pointing to the darkness, where there isn't a speck of a being, and startling my husband to the point of waking him up.

I'll add more about my little night time horrors tomorrow, but I'm going to head to bed now.  I'm going to get some writing done on my new manuscript while I drift off into the land of nightmares.

Stay Spooky!

Six xxx

Also, one more thing, this is the video I've been watching tonight.  It's quite interesting so far.  Sorry about it being split up. :/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeFwPZvI6W0&feature=BFa&list=PL6696351108445482

No comments:

Post a Comment